Monday, August 22, 2011

Things to Do when you are sad

My sister posted a great little pin to her pinterest entitled: Things to do when you are sad. And since I'm having a particularly sad day today, I thought I would make my own list. So here's my version of things to do when you are sad:

1. Color in a coloring book.
2. Pick some flowers -- or some fruit.
3. Snuggle up under a blanket with hot tea and read.
4. Eat a healthy snack.
5. Watch funny movies -- or I Love Lucy
6. Count your blessings.
7. Think about all the people who love you.
8. Listen to happy music.
9. Pray.
10. Read your Bible.
11. Write a thank you note to a friend.
12. Play silly computer games.
13. Go to Pinterest and look at all the amazing things people have found.
14. Do a good deed for someone else.
15. Eat ice cream.
16. Play with a child.
17. Scrapbook it.
18. Bake
19. Cuddle a teddy bear -- or a significant other
20. Watch a ridiculously sad movie, and just give in to the sadness for a while.
21. Go outside -- take a walk; lie in a hammock, or in the grass
22. Take a nap
23. Eat soup
24. Write down your feelings in a journal.
25. Spend time with people you love.
26. Get out of the house!

I've done many of these today -- getting ready to do a few more. Next on my list: pick flowers and eat some watermelon. Later, color, snuggle with hot tea and a good book or a happy movie. . . we'll see. . . If you're sad, try some of these -- they'll help chase away the sadness.

No comments: